We are excited to announce that Camp Hydaway will offer a day camp program this year! However, due to the regulations set forth by the Governor’s Office and the CDC, we have modified our schedule for this summer.
In order to maintain social distancing and ample accommodation, Camp Hydaway will be offering half-day camps Monday through Friday for six weeks from June 22 to July 31. We will be providing the best day camp experience for your children in half-day sessions: mornings from 8am – noon, and afternoons from 1pm to 5pm.
Here are a few important points that we feel will help you in understanding how Camp Hydaway will operate safely this summer.
- For the safety and security of your children during this time we will comply with regulations set forth by State and Local Officials.
- Each staff member will be monitored and screened for symptoms or possible exposure prior to each day of camp.
- Activities will be changed to minimize touching of the same object (such as a basketball). The activities we plan to offer are: zipline, water slide, hiking, archery, canoeing, beachfront swimming, shapes, and field games. (Ropes course for 5th graders.)
- Groups will be required to social distance (Less than 10 per group, 6 ft of distance between people)
- Routine sanitization will be performed on all common surfaces.
- Campers will be checked for fever each day upon arrival. You will also be asked if your child has had fever in the past two weeks.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide bus transportation, but you may carpool.
Mighty Monday: Favorite super-hero t-shirt
Tie-dye Tuesday: Tie-dye shirt
Wacky Wednesday: Crazy socks, crazy hat, crazy shoes, —the funnier, the better!
Neon Thursday: wear everything neon!
Family Friday: wear your team color!
Morning session: 7:45
(Breakfast not provided, mid-morning snack provided)
Afternoon session: 12:45
(Lunch not provided, mid-afternoon snack provided)
What to bring
Wear swimsuit under clothes or boys wear swim trunks and shirt. Wear closed-toe shoes. Bring a Bible, notebook, towel and sunscreen.
What not to bring
Electronic devices including cell phones, watches, ipods, etc.
Valuables including jewelry or money
Camp t-shirts will be available for $10.
Any medicine your camper needs as a PRN should be logged with the camp nurse upon arrival. Medicine must be in the original container.